Nyla E. Thompson, P.A.-C., R.N.
BIOMs. Thompson is a former Registered Nurse that has been a practicing Physician Assistant since 2005. As the nightshift Cardiology Physician Assistant for North Carolina Heart & Vascular, she is primarily based at Johnston Medical Center in Smithfield.
Ms. Thompson represents a patient care team that works collaboratively to improve overall continuity of care and patient outcomes. Members of this team include Dr. Eric Janis, Dr. Ben Atkeson, Dr. Mateen Akhtar, Dr. Chris Gring, and Dr. Kevin Campbell. She manages all aspects of patients in the hospital setting, including admissions, consultations, daily rounds, ordering medications, diagnostic testing and interpretation of testing completed.
Ms. Thomason works hard and plays harder. After a stressful night, she loves to get in her truck and sing along with classic rock songs as loud as she can. She and her husband Ken enjoy motorcycle touring and camping on weekends, and she is an active runner that completed her first half marathon in 2010.
- Graduate Degree: Methodist University, Fayetteville Physician Assistant Program, Fayetteville, NC
- Undergraduate Degree: Anne Arundel Community College, Arnold, MD
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- American Academy of Physician Assistant
- Physician Assistant for Global Health
- Valvular Disease
- Riding her motorcycle
- “The inventions that saved millions” Review: 10 Greatest Medical Discoveries. PA Professional Magazine, Feb. 2013.