Linda O. Lathan, R.N., M.S.N., C.C.R.N., F.N.P.-C.
PRACTICE SCOPEMs. Lathan delivers general cardiology care to both hospital and office-based clients.
BIOMs. Lathan lives in Wilson with her husband Mac and her children and grandchildren.
- Graduate Degree: M.S.N., University Of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Graduate Degree: F.N.P., Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
- Undergraduate Degree: B.S.N., University Of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor
- Basic Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Certified Lipid Nurse Educator
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Sigma Theta Tau
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Failure Management
- Lipid Management
- 12-LEAD EKG
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- “Heart Emergencies.” The Emergency Nursing Bible. Chapter 5. Patricia Ann Bemis. 2007.
- “A Community Hospital Approach to Achieving Certification.” AACN Newsletter, Nov. 2005.
- “Advanced Lipid Testing in Post-Cardiac Transplantation Hyperlipidemia: A Case Study.” Abstract presented at the National Transplant Coordinator’s Meeting, June 2002.
- “Ancrod: The use of snake venom in treating patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery: Nursing management.” Heart and Lung, November-December 1996.