Willis M. Wu, M.D.
- Spending time with family
- Exercise, including running, biking, swimming
- Collegiate lacrosse
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, Interventional Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Medicine, Chief Fellow, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Chief Fellow, Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Chief Resident, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Medical Degree: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Undergraduate Degree: Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- Internal Medicine 2007
- Cardiovascular Medicine 2011
- Interventional Cardiology 2012
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation 2013
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Coronary Intervention (Complex angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting techniques including intervention of chronic total occlusions)
- Peripheral Vascular Intervention (Carotid angiography, upper and lower extremity angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting, renal and mesenteric artery intervention)
- Cardiac Structural Intervention (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, balloon aortic valvuloplasty, Atrial Septal Defect and Patent Foramen Ovale closure, paravalvular leak closure, mitral valve intervention)
- Wu W, Masri A, Popovic ZB, Smedira NG, Lytle BW, Marwick TH,
Griffin BP, Desai MY. “Long-term survival of patients with radiation
heart disease undergoing cardiac surgery: a cohort study.” Circulation.
2013 Apr 9;127(14):1476-84.
- Wu W, Lincoff AM. “Pharmacotherapy During Saphenous Vein Graft
Intervention.” Intervent Cardiol Clin 2 2013: 273-282.
- Khurana RK, Wu WM, “The Valsalva Maneuver: A Literature Review and
Personal Observations”, Autonomic Review, 2001, Volume: 5, Pages: 61-70.
- Wu W, Runge M. “Sudden Cardiac Death in Athletes.” In: Runge, Patterson,
Stouffer editors. Netter’s Cardiology 2nd Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders
- Wu W, Kapadia S. “Risk Stratification and Post-Myocardial Infarction Therapy”
In: Griffin, Kapadia, Rimmerman editors. The Cleveland Clinic Cardiology
Board Review 2nd Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott. 2013: 627-640.
- Wu W, Menon V. “Post-Myocardial Infarction Risk Stratification and
Management.” In: Griffin, editor. Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine 4th
Edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott. 2013: 86-96.
- “The role of percutaneous mitral repair for high risk patients” in Percutaneous
Mitral Leaflet Repair: MitraClip Therapy for Mitral Regurgitation. 2013.
- Wu W, Smedira N, Hammer D, Marwick T, Lytle B, Griffin B, Desai M.
“Long-term outcomes of patients with radiation heart disease undergoing cardiac
surgery: Clinical and Echocardiographic predictors” Presented at ACC 2011.
- Ko C, Kim S, Wu WM, Chua SC, Jr., Huang L-S, “A Quantitative Trait Locus
(QTL) on Chromosome 5 is Associated with Plasma ApoB responsiveness to
Fish Oil in Human ApoB Transgenic Mouse Strains”, Supplement to American
Journal of Human Genetics, 2001, Volume: 69, Page 525.