Paul Perez-Navarro, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Bringing Wilson Cardiology Associates together with WHV at the beginning of 2012 and now with North Carolina Heart & Vascular was a “natural fit”. These practices have shared a close relationship long before Dr. Perez-Navarro’s arrival in Wilson in 2001. The benefits to the community include an interventional program at Wilson Medical Center and the availability of balloon angioplasty and coronary stents. He and his practice also anticipate offering other cardiovascular services not previously available.
The tremendous support of the Wilson community over the last 10 years has been inspirational and greatly appreciated. He could not be successful without their support and looks forward to continuing to serve his patients and the Wilson community.
One way Dr. Perez-Navarro keeps connected with the community is by being a board member of the Wilson YMCA. The YMCA mission statement, “To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all,” is something that he reinforces with his patients.
His wife, Carole, is the backbone and “domestic engineer” of his family of four children. Her efforts on the home front make it possible for his practice to be a success. They both enjoy North Carolina coastal opportunities and other travels.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Disease, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, DE
- Medical Degree: The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Undergraduate Degree: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow, The American College of Cardiology
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Wilson County Medical Society
- Board member, Wilson Family YMCA
- Community Lecture: “Heart to Heart Talk About Cardiac Care,” Feb 2012
- Medical Lecture: “Put Heart into Nutrition,” June 2009
- Medical Lecture: “Women & Cardiovascular Disease: Prevention & Diagnostic Strategies,” June 2009
- Medical Lecture: “Women & Heart Disease,” Feb 2009
- Community Lecture: “AHA Heart Walk Kickoff Lecture,” Jan 2008
- Medical Lecture: “Cardiovascular Potpourri,” Barton College, Mar 2005
- Medical Lecture: “Acute Coronary Syndromes & Acute Ischemic Stroke,” ACLS, 2004
- Medical Lecture: “Treatment Options for Refractory Angina,” Apr 2002
- Community Lecture: “How to Fix a Broken Heart,” Dr. Talks, Feb 2002
- Community Lecture: “Heart to Heart,” Cardiac Rehabilitation graduates, Feb 2001
- Community Lecture: “Affairs of the Heart,” Cardiac Rehabilitation graduates, Feb 1999