Matthew A. Hook, M.D., F.A.C.C.
- Spending time at the YMCA
- Being with family
- Running and cycling
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University Of Virginia Health System
- Medical Degree: Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN
- Undergraduate Degree: Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, New York, NY
- Interventional Cardiology
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Chief Cardiology Fellow, Cleveland Clinic, 2003-04
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Virginia Hospitals, 2000-01
- North Carolina Medical Society
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation Innovator Award
- University of Virginia Resident Teaching Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Fellow, The American College of Cardiology
- Complex coronary and chronic total occlusion
- Lower extremity intervention
- Carotid artery and acute stroke intervention
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Hook M, Griffin BG, Topol EJ, Roffi M. Ventricular septal defect. Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine for PDA. 2003.
- Hook M, Griffin BG, Topol EJ. Ventricular septal defect. Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine Second Edition. 2004.
- McRae T, Messerli A, Hook M. guest eds., Griffin BG, Topol EJ. Ed., Manual of Cardiovascular Medicine Second Edition. 2004.
- Hook M, Bhatt DL. Cardiovascular emergencies. Cleveland Clinic Disease Management Project. 2003.
- Karha J, Hook M, Brener S. A review of primary PCI for acute myocardial infarction. The Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. 2004.
- Charles PD, Davis TL, Shannon KM, Hook M, Warner JS. Dystonia: treatment with botulinum toxin. South Med J. 1997;90:522-525.
- Hook M, Zhou Z, Kiedrowski M, et al. Interferon-beta attenuates atherosclerotic plaque progression and decreases macrophage content of lesions. JAAC. 2005;45Suppl: A:398A.
- Gurm H, Rajagopal V, Vivek D, Hook M, Bhatt DL, Lincoff AM. The safety of bivalirudin in patients undergoing rotational atherectomy. Submitted TCT 2005 Sessions.
- Hook M, Seshadri N, Messerli AM, Chiu J, Pearce GL, Sprecher DL. Clustering of novel risk factors correlates with traditional risk burden and coronary artery disease. AHA Annual Sessions 2003.
- Seshadri N, Ahmed M, Hook M, et al. Higher plasma total homocysteine levels are associated with cardiac allograft vasculopathy determined by intravascular ultrasound. ACC Annual Sessions 2004.
- Seshadri N, Ahmed M, Hook M, et al. Association of hypertension with allograft rejection following orthotopic heart transplantation. ACC Annual Sessions 2004.
- Immunomodulation and Atherosclerosis Heart Center Grand Rounds, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, 2004
- Pleiotropic Effects of Statins, The Intercontinental Hotel, Cleveland, OH, 2004
- Pulmonary Complications of Dermatomyositis, American College of Physicians Research Symposium, Charlottesville, VA, 1998
- Interesting Case Studies in Medicine, Internal Medicine Grand Rounds, University of Virginia Health Center, Charlottesville, VA, 1998
- 3-bromotyrosine as a marker of eosinophilic peroxidase activity after drug-eluting stent implantation. Investigating a biomarker of eosinophil activation in patients receiving drug-eluting stents and its correlation to vascular histology
- Interferon-beta enhancement of the T-cell type 2 response in atherosclerosis. Using a murine model of atherosclerosis to determine the effect of exogenous interferon-beta administration on plaque progression and myocardial infarction size