James G. Jollis, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Dr. Jollis is the President of the North Carolina Chapter of the American College of Cardiology. Prior to joining North Carolina Heart and Vascular, he was Professor of Cardiology and Radiology at Duke University where he directed the Cardiac Diagnostic Unit, established programs in emergency cardiac care and imaging for percutaneous heart valve surgery, and focused on the clinical care of complex cardiology patients. He trained hundreds of medical residents and cardiology fellows for which he was recognized for excellence in teaching.
On a regional and national level, Dr. Jollis maintains a number of leadership roles including Chairman of the American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline and the National Cardiovascular Disease Registry ACTION database. Based upon his practical experience in cardiology, he has worked with thousands of colleagues across the country to organized emergency cardiac care in numerous regions including New York City, Houston, Atlanta, St. Louis, and Philadelphia. In North Carolina, Dr. Jollis works with colleagues from 119 hospitals and 500 emergency medical services to coordinate myocardial infarction and cardiac arrest care.
Before his career at Duke, Dr. Jollis, a native of Cincinnati, graduated from Harvard College and Ohio State University. He is board certified in cardiovascular disease and internal medicine. With North Carolina Heart and Vascular, Dr. Jollis is particularly focused on the assessment and management of valvular heart disease and complex heart disease.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, General Cardiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Residency: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Internship: The Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, OH
- Medical Degree: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Undergraduate Degree: Harvard College, Cambridge, MA
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- President, North Carolina Chapter of The American College of Cardiology
- Founding member and co-medical director, North Carolina Regional Approach to Cardiovascular Emergencies Program
- Chair, American College of Cardiology Door-To-Balloon Project
- Vice chair, American Heart Association Mission: Lifeline Program Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Former professor of cardiology and radiology at Duke University
- Former director, Duke Echocardiography, Cardiac CT and Cardiac Diagnostic Unit
- Valvular heart disease
- CT angiography
- Dr. Jollis has 100+ publications in peer reviewed journals