Bruce Usher Jr., M.D., F.A.C.C.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, Cardiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Chief Medical Residency, VA Hospital/Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Medical Degree: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Undergraduate Education: Furman University, Greenville, SC
- Board Certified in Cardiology
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathies
- Preventive cardiology
- Arrhythmia and pacemaker implants
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Usher, BW, Jr. and O’Brien, TX, MD, FACC: Recent Advances in Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography, Clinical Cardiology, 2000; 23; 560-570.
- Usher, BW, Jr. and Taylor, G., MD: Cardiac Emergencies (Including Arrest and Resuscitation). Ch. 50, In: Primary Care Management of Heart Disease, Ed., Taylor, G. Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1999.
- Usher, BW, Jr., MD and Usher, BW, Sr., MD, FACC: Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty: Five Year Experience at MUSC. The Journal of SC Medical Association. December, 1999; Volume 95: 470-472.
- Liston, H, PharmD, Bennett, L, PharmD, and Usher, BW, Jr., MD: The Association of the Combination of Sumatriptan and Methysergide in Myocardial Infarction in a Premenopausal Woman. Arch Internal Medicine. March 8, 1999; 159; 511-513.