Ben Walker, M.D., F.A.C.C., R.P.V.I.
Dr. Walker graduated from Clemson University in South Carolina with bachelor’s degrees in philosophy and biological sciences, receiving both with honors. He earned his medical degree at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine and completed his residency at Emory University in Atlanta. Dr. Walker completed his fellowship in cardiovascular disease at University of North Carolina Memorial Hospitals in Chapel Hill.
Dr. Walker is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a registered physician in vascular interpretation. He is also a member of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography and the North Carolina Medical Society.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, University of North Carolina Memorial Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Residency: Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Medical Degree: University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC
- Undergraduate Degree: Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Fellow, The American College of Cardiology
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Preventive cardiology
- Coronary artery disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Congestive heart failure