Arthur Y. Chow, M.D., F.A.C.C.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Fellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, New York Presbyterian Hospital – Weill Cornell Medical College; Cornell University
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical Degree: University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- Undergraduate Degree: Stanford University
- Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Triangle Physician Community Board
- Medical Mutual of North Carolina
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Medical Student Research Fellow
- Phi Beta Kappa, Stanford University
- Fellow, The American College of Cardiology
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- Dr. Chow discusses drug-eluting stent and other heart topics on WRAL: http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/healthteam/video/2070652
- Chow AY. Isosorbide dinitrate and hydralazine in blacks with heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:1041-1043. (correspondence)
- Chow A, Yaghoobzadeh H, Farzaneh-Far A. Diastolic heart failure. Cardiovasc Rev & Rpt. 2003;24:220-226.
- “Phospholipid Transfer Protein: A Prospective New Protein in High Density Lipoprotein Formation.” Presented at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Meeting of Medical Students, Chevy Chase, Maryland, May 13, 1997.
- Marro PJ, Hoffman DJ, Kubin J, Chow A, Mishra OP, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M. Effect of allopurinol on NMDA receptor modification following recurrent asphyxia in newborn piglets. Pediatr Res. 1994;35:55A.
- Marro PJ, Kubin J, Zhu A, Chow A, Mishra OP, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M. Dose-dependent neuromodulation of NMDA receptor characteristics following hypoxia in the fetal guinea pig pretreated with maternally-administered allopurinol. Pediatr Res. 1994;34:240A.
- Marro PJ, Mishra OP, McGowan JF, Chow A, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M. Modulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor activation by adenosine in brain cell membranes of newborn piglets in vitro. Pediatr Res. 1994;35:383A.
- Razdan B, Zhu A, Chow A, Mishra OP, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M. Modulation of glutamate recognition site of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor by glycine in the guinea pig fetus brain during gestation. Pediatr Res. 1994;35:385A.