Christopher Kelly, M.D., M.S., R.P.V.I.
Dr. Kelly received his undergraduate, masters, and medical degrees from Columbia University in New York. He subsequently served as intern, resident, chief resident, and fellow at Columbia University Medical Center. As a general cardiologist, he specializes in the diagnosis and management of heart and vascular disease, with a focus on echocardiography, nuclear cardiology (including PET imaging), vascular ultrasound, and cardiac computed tomography.
He has published original work in leading medical journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine and the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. He has also written about medicine for numerous mainstream publications, including The Washington Post and Men’s Health. His book, Am I Dying?!: A Complete Guide To Your Symptoms, and What To Do Next, has been translated into sixteen languages worldwide and was featured by CBS This Morning, The Dr. Oz Show, Buzzfeed, People, Parade, and more.
FELLOWSHIP & POSTGRADUATE TRAINING
- Cardiovascular Disease, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Internship/Residency: Internal Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Chief Residency: Internal Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY
- Medical Degree: College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Master of Science in Biostatistics: Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Undergraduate Degree: Columbia University, New York, NY
- Adult Echocardiography
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation
- Internal Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Preventive cardiology
- Coronary artery disease and myocardial infarction
- Valvular heart disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Heart failure