North Carolina Heart & Vascular is a cardiology practice that formed in 2013 when two leading groups of cardiologists, Rex Heart & Vascular Specialists and Wake Heart & Vascular Associates (WHV), joined together. With both groups already working closely with each other as part of Rex Healthcare, forming one practice brought even greater opportunities for collaboration. The partnership offers the best of community cardiology practices, a community hospital and an academic medical center as part of UNC Health Care.
As part of the UNC Heart & Vascular Network, our specialists can tap into the latest research and expertise associated with this world-class academic institution to provide our patients with greater access to clinical trials, new therapies and the latest technology, while keeping our practices right in your local communities.
Our experienced cardiologists and highly trained staff are patient advocates, and we focus on your needs by:
- Being available in the office and on the phone.
- Getting to know you as a person and respecting you and your circumstances.
- Getting you the right help, right when you need it.
- Providing relevant information to ensure you and your other physicians fully understand your diagnosis and heart-health plan.
- Connecting you with the resources available in your communities, at Rex Healthcare, UNC Medical Center and other UNC Health Care affiliates to make sure you have access to everything you need for your health.